Thursday, February 27, 2014

Some Christmas Sewing Projects

Hey gang! 

I've got some cool pictures on my camera roll from the various sewing projects I did over Christmas break so I'll post them here as a big catch up. We should be right up to the present-day on knitting and sewing after this post so here goes. 

First, I spent a good amount of time sewing some pajama pants for my future in-laws. I was spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with them. Their holiday traditions involve the purchase of matching pajamas for the whole family. Sadly I didn't get a picture of the whole family together wearing these but here are some of the process! I made 5 pairs of pants, and because I had leftover fabric, I even made the dog, Sandy, a little something. 



Avery loves to help me cut fabric. This is Peanuts - themed Christmas flannel I got from Joann's at a 50% discount. The girls got Peanuts, the boys got the red and black plaid you see there. 

Isn't she the best little helper? My mom int he background helping with the sewing process. We had so much fun its going to be a tradition!

You can really see the sewing detail in this shot. Not that there is much detail..I'm just very proud of this doggie robe! It took DAYS. 

I.F. with Sandy Dog in their new pajamas! Two very happy campers. 

Sandy Dog is sporting her fantastic, cozy robe and the homemade peanut butter biscuits I made her for Christmas. Is there a happier dog in the world? 

Because you can never get enough Sandy. 
She didn't put that bone down for an hour. She also refused to eat it. It must have been a priceless possession because I found it buried under the blanket the next day. 

My future sister-in-law Rachel and her pooch, Sandy. The pj's fit very well. Everyone was happy. Even Big Chris (I.F.'s dad) who doesn't wear pants. I'm not kidding. He refused to cut them into shorts because I made them. How sweet!

Aside from the pajamas I've also made a very cute stuffed animal. Okay, I'm giving away the secret, Tiffany. I can't hold it in any longer! This is the owl I was making for your little baby-to-be (affectionately nicknamed, little parasite) but I.F. loves owls so much he wouldn't let me send it to you. I have to make another. Will it be an owl? Maybe.........Maybe not!

Here's the pattern. 
You start with the face. The eyes and beak are made from felt while the body is made from flannel. 



Add the feet. How cute!
Stuff it! I think I stuck true to the original creation. What do you think?
That's the last of my sewing excursions for now. Next is a sewing machine cover. My fantastic mother bought me my own Singer sewing machine for Christmas so I'll be testing it out by making a cover for it. Then, I'll be making a surprise for Grandma Lee (I.F.'s granny). I intended to make it for her for Christmas but the pajamas took longer than I anticipated. I always take on way too much during the holidays. 

That's it folks!
-Allie

1 comment: