Saturday, February 22, 2014

Big weekend of updates

Greetings Readers,
   I do apologize. It has been a crazy couple of weeks for me. This weekend I'll be building this blog quite a bit. I am shooting for about 15 new posts on the things I've been up to. What has deterred me from writing is the 8 job applications I've filled out in the last two weeks. I am telling you, job applications are more of a full-time job than an actual full-time job!

This weekend's posts will consist of various knitting projects, hopefully links to my Pinterest or Instagram board for pictures will also be available. I'll also have more restaurant reviews for you locals out there, a review of the gym I've recently signed up with - Ames Racquette and Fitness, and finally my exciting new hobby: homemade personal products and homemade cleaning supplies. Everyone and their grandmother has posted various recipes for cleaning supplies but rarely are they easy to find reviews for which ones work. So, this is what I'll be doing. Every time I run out of a supply, I'll try a new recipe until I find the perfect one for me. I'll post each recipe with pictures of the process and my own personal evaluation of them - I'll remain as objective as possible, trying to measure the same aspects of each cleaning agent. I'll post links to all the recipes as well.

Oh! I almost forgot! I have been tracking my progress in the last 7-8 weeks or so in my very determined effort to lose weight and get back in shape. The PhD program I was a part of stressed me out completely and I really packed on the pounds. I'm heavier than I've ever been. So, there will be a very revealing post about my journey through weight gain, and an update on my weight loss which I have to say is pathetically minor but at least its headed in the right direction. Please comment with tips and suggestions! I'm genetically prone to weight gain, and with the whole family being Irish and English we just don't know how to make winter foods that aren't full of fat and carbs. Those of you from northern regions of the globe will understand my issue, I hope! If not...well its my excuse and I'm sticking with it. Blind denial to the end!

Well, that's all for this update, folks. Cheerio and all that!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment